Since earning my graduate degree in Counseling and Development in 2008 from Lamar University, I have provided psychotherapy services to individuals and familes in the Southeast Texas region in various settings.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, I provided crisis counseling to residents of Chambers, Orange, Jefferson and Hardin counties. In 2009, I began providing mental health services to men who were incarcerated until 2013 when I became employed in a community health care setting providing therapy services to individuals and families.
Eager to broaden my scope of practice in 2017, I decided to add part-time private practice hours beginning February. I am currently accepting referrals and scheduling clients for sessions at my office location, and available for distance counseling at any time.
While originally from Minnesota, I've had the pleasure of living in Pagosa Springs, Colorado where I met my husband. In 2004, we moved to Beaumont, Michael's home town located just south of one of our family's most favorite places on Earth, the Big Thicket National Preserve.
Michael and I have been married for nearly 18 years and we have one teenage son who is active in helping his dad and I stay up to date with memes and funny YouTube videos.
- Bachelor's of Arts in Communications - University of Minnesota, Duluth - 1995
- Master's of Education in Counseling and Development, Lamar University - 2008
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Texas #64664, since 2011
- National Certified Counselor #613278, since 2014
- American Counseling Association
- Texas Counseling Association
- Association for Play Therapy
- Texas Association for Play Therapy